Current Vitae of Terrell HarrisTerrell Harris
4411 E 15th ST
Vancouver, WA 98661
To find a Web Development position where I can use the skills I have gained and learn new ones
Bachelor of Arts, Digital Technology and Culture
Washington State University,
- Microsoft Windows® 2000/XP
- Adobe CS/CS2
- SQL 2000/2005
- Web Development
Related Course Work:
- Windows Command-line
- Windows 2000/XP
- Mac OSX
- Information Architecture
- Managing Information Systems
- Data Management Systems
- PHP Web Scripting and Application Development
- HTML and Interface Design
- Technical and Professional Writing
- Extensive use of the L.A.M.P. (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP) environment for deployment of web-based applications.
- Develop robust queries using MySql and PHP to create form generated spreadsheet and C.S.V style data templates.
- Create web form-based database entry tools for both Intranet and WWW.
- Used ColdFusion Markup Language to write server-side code that interacts with SQL 2000/2005 databases to return various data structures and display the results in a visually appealing manner.
- Interact with web services both from clients and internal, to facilitate successful transactions on databases.
- Conduct research into new technologies to enhance the user experience and facilitate more consistent development practices, including Cross-site Scripting, SEO and web standards.
- Worked as a member of a team to troubleshoot PC issues in a lab setting.
- Consulted both textbooks and lecture notes to gain understanding of complicated technology issues.
- Developed an awareness of the many different types OS server software, including AS/400.
- Installed dual boot partitions on PC systems containing both Linux and Windows Platform Models
- Helped other students with problems on a Microsoft Windows based PC.
- Provided diagnostics for Microsoft Office issues.
- Learned valuable customer interaction skills.
- Collaborated with various with other Support Technicians to develop a knowledge base to diagnose future problems.
- Researched multiple 10-15 page research paper style documents and reported on them in front of large and small groups.
- Organized and implemented classes in both a formal and informal settings.
- Corresponded with superiors to maintain chain of command and ensure problem resolution.
- Interacted with clients to resolve both hardware and software issues.
- Reformatted table-based websites to a more standards compliant CSS-based layout.
- Maintained close working relationship with clients to ensure satisfaction in all phases of development.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide support including monthly updates and design changes.
- Improved existing site designs to enhance user experience.
- Job Target, New London, CT (November 2007 - Present)
- Emprise Corporation, Ledyard, CT (March 2007 – November 2007)
- Salmon Creek Journal, Washington State University, Vanvouver, WA (August 2005 -January 2007)
- Help Desk Support Tech, Washington State University, Vanvouver, WA (August 2005 -January 2006)
- Package Handler, United Parcel Service, Portland, OR (May 2002-December 2006)
- Squad Leader, United States Marine Corps, Honolulu, HI (June1996 - June 2000)